Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2021, 04:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New youtube ep!
113746 Posts in 20620 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  The Dead Pool
| | |-+  Rush Limbaugh, 70
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh, 70  (Read 15 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

Steady... hold.....

« on: February 17, 2021, 12:38:20 PM »

The biggest name in radio has died at 70.

Beyond his political analysis and opinions, Rush single handedly saved AM radio as a viable format.

He was put into the Radio Hall of Fame way back in the '90's, and it wasn't because liberals loved him anymore then than now.  Averaging 26 million listeners a day, Rush was both a force for the medium and in politics.

Simply put, radios probably wouldn't be made with AM receivers on them without his impact.

No word on who will replace him, but of course no one can (Mark Styn would be my vote).

RIP

The Dark Ones protect their own.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-143

Crush

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »

I started listening to Rush in 1988 on 1270 WXYT before it became an all-sports station, then later of course on 760.

I was working at a U-Haul and listened while I was working in the back room.

Rush got huge fast and lasted through the Bush Sr. Admin, the Clinton Admin, the 2nd Bush Admin, the Obama admin, the Trump admin, and now what is going on now.

For over 30 years Rush was a titan on the radio, I can't imagine anyone replacing him, but I know they'll try.

2021 is just picking up right where 2020 left off.

Not a shred of good news anywhere.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

Steady... hold.....

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »

It'll be interesting how long the EIB brand continues without him.  Because he can't be replaced.

There's a similar parallel to NBC's Tim Russert when he was on MEET THE PRESS.  Russert was the gold standard for TV and when he died there's been no one on any network to come close to matching him since.

And Rush's shoes are much, much, bigger.  I'm guessing stations with contract with EIB will honor them until they're up, then mostly replace it with local hosts (Guy Gordon's of the world rejoice).

The Dark Ones protect their own.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.