Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2020, 11:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New 2 Fat Drunks ep!
113524 Posts in 20576 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  Sports, Pro Wrestling, MMA (Moderator: Deafula)
| | |-+  Baseball/basketball see huge ratings drop after BLM ass kissing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baseball/basketball see huge ratings drop after BLM ass kissing  (Read 180 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

Happy Thanksgiving!

« on: August 03, 2020, 10:14:44 AM »

NFL, are you listening?  Turns out most people - for some crazy reason - don't think BLM is just about peacefully protesting....

"Ratings Crash for NBA, MLB After Protest-Filled Debuts

As the NBA and MLB return from their coronavirus-imposed hiatus, it appears TV viewers are not interested in what the increasingly woke leagues have to offer.

With both baseball and basketball draped in all sorts of Black Lives Matter and social justice symbolism for their opening games, a substantially smaller number of fans tuned-in to the rest of the week’s games.

According to Outkick.com, neither league did well."
-------------------------------

This despite there being a huge sports vacuum for the past 4 months.

While I am obviously quite involved in politics, I don't care to have it in sports - particularly one as radioactive as BLM.  I'm guessing most people feel the same way. 

So watching entire teams knee during the national anthem is probably not a good way to start off when the shine is already off of sports a bit. 

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/02/ratings-crash-nba-mlb-after-protest-filled-debut/

Sayonara  suckers!
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-143

Crush

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 01:16:27 PM »

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 03:39:14 PM »

So the ratings continue to plummet for the NBA as Tucker Carlson, a talking head commentator on Fox (albeit a very effective one) is getting nearly 4 times the ratings as NBA playoff games:

"Head to head on Monday night on cable: Tucker Carlson viewership: 4.5 million. Lakers-Nuggets viewership: 1.5 million. Head-to-head on Tuesday night: Sean Hannity: 4.6 million, Blazers-Mavs: 930k. Yikes, NBA."
--------------------

And even worse for the NBA:

"The NBA also lost in viewers aged 18-49 to three Fox News shows on Tuesday night."

So the NBA's prime audience would rather watch white dudes bagging on Biden & Kamala then watch their games?  Yikes is right.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-11-2020.html

Sayonara  suckers!
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 10:06:13 AM »

Did I already say "Fuck the NBA"?

Yeah, because Fuck the NBA.

I hope they go out of business.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:20:21 PM »

Did I already say "Fuck the NBA"?

Yeah, because Fuck the NBA.

Well, apparently at least half of NBA fans agree - game one of the finals down 50% from last year despite having Lebron playing....

Or maybe it's because he is.  Either way, the league's unwatchable trash.  Literally zero defense - either they run unstopped to the basket, or shoot a 3. 

Snore-ville.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/get-woke-go-broke-game-1-2020-nba-finals-loses-half-2019s-audience-according-early-ratings/

Sayonara  suckers!
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 09:47:47 AM »

And it gets even worse for the NBA:

"NBA Finals Game 2 Ratings Crash by 68%, Least Watched Finals Game in History"

Gee, do you thinking losing 70% of their viewers will wake up the NBA that offering a horrifically bad product, helping the Chinese to enslave hundreds of thousands in slave camps, and supporting terrorist organizations is a bad idea?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/04/nba-finals-game-2-ratings-crash-68-least-watched-finals-game-history/

Sayonara  suckers!
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 02:44:14 PM »

And the game 2 record for lowest ratings ever lasted until... yesterday, when game 3 managed to sink even lower:

"The NBA suffered horrific ratings Sunday night for game three of the Finals between the Lakers and the Heat.

According to ShowBuzzDaily.com, the game averaged 4.395 million viewers at its highest point of the night on ABC as the Heat won the matchup against LeBron James and Los Angeles. Game two previous set a record low for the NBA Finals with an average of 4.5 million viewers. Game one also previously hit a record low."
--------------------------------------

When Tucker Carlson - a talking head who can be seen 5 nights a week every week - gets better ratings then your super-special-important finals game, you know it's a total disaster.

This perhaps the best woke/broke example yet.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/05/nba-ratings-hit-finals-game-3-record-low/

Sayonara  suckers!
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »

And the NBA wrapped up their season last night as the Lakers won 4 games to 1 over the Miami Heat.  Didn't watch a frame of it in part because I didn't even know it was on.  And even if I had, I would have avoided it like the plague.

Apparently I'm not alone as the ratings for the final game were down almost 70% from last season,  when a team from Canada won the championship (the Toronto Raptors).

Think about that for a second - the LA Lakers, with LeBron James - couldn't get close to ratings for a team no one in this country gives 2 shits about.  It's a massive, incredible, collapse for the NBA and its leadership.

Speaking of which, NBA commissioner Adam Silver now saying they won't have the name of a terror organization - BLM - on their courts next year.  Bold move genius, bold move.  Of course having NBA training centers in located mere blocks away from slave labor camps in communist China might also be considered bad taste.

What cunts.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/11/nba-finals-game-5-viewership-crash-nearly-70-from-2019/

Sayonara  suckers!
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »

Yeah, I know i've already said it a few times, but let me be clear for the record:  Fuck the NBA.

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 05:14:05 PM »

Game 1 of the World Series just scored the lowest ratings in history:

"The TV ratings are in for the Dodgers beating the Rays in game one of the World Series, and they’re brutal.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the game averaged 9.2 million viewers Tuesday night on Fox, which is the lowest on record since Nielsen started collecting dating."
-----------------------------------------

Apparently a piss poor product combined with the message that everyone is racist isn't the recipe for huge ratings.

Who knew?

I guess we'll find out if these record low ratings for the NBA and MLB finals are reflected in the election, but I suspect that the people these leagues sought to mollify were a bit too busy burning town their respective home towns as opposed to watching people play a children's game.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/21/tv-ratings-game-1-world-series-record-low-dodgers-rays/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:19:06 PM by jdv » Logged

Sayonara  suckers!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.