Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 09:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New 2 Fat Drunks ep!
118666 Posts in 21113 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Non-entertainment News
| |-+  Tales of the apocalypse
| | |-+  The decipline of steel during the end times
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The decipline of steel during the end times  (Read 103 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

All you need is love.

« on: March 27, 2020, 01:15:37 PM »

The end of the world hasn't affected me much in terms of working out, as I work out alone at home.  If anything, it's just given me more time.

But how 'bout the rest of you cats?  You still working out?

Well, you should.  If the #1 rule of zombieland is cardio, then the 2nd is being able to crush your enemies and see them driven before you.

Love is all you need.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-143

This is the end.... beautiful friend

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »

The end of the world hasn't affected me much in terms of working out, as I work out alone at home.  If anything, it's just given me more time.

But how 'bout the rest of you cats?  You still working out?

Well, you should.  If the #1 rule of zombieland is cardio, then the 2nd is being able to crush your enemies and see them driven before you.

well I was going to the old man's house but now I'm starting to wonder if I should continue to do that or not.

Me while I don't have a whole lot at home, kids have been sneaking into a gym lately but I don't know how long that will last.

Might drop a couple 100 bucks next week and see if I can get something at home here.

Going nuts.

I have two athletes in the house.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
Plissken
Grand Poohbah

Instant karma is real +79/-3

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:28:20 PM »

I recommend having a gym in your basement, a full pantry, and a full chest freezer before a pandemic hits.

Being a hermit, I've essentially changed nothing.

As yet struggles the twelfth hour of the night: birds of darkness are on the wing, spectres uproar, the dead walk, the living dream. Thou, Eternal Providence, wilt make the Day dawn!
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

All you need is love.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 03:12:07 PM »

I recommend having a gym in your basement, a full pantry, and a full chest freezer before a pandemic hits.

Snake's gym is the freakin' bomb.

Love is all you need.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »

Snake's gym is the freakin' bomb.

Unfortunately the one thing I don't have is an appropriate outbuilding.  Was planning on building a garage this summer but so much for that.  So I'll be taking the "Venice Beach" approach.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

All you need is love.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 03:52:16 PM »

6 sets of 50 pushups for a total of 300....

Plus one more on the last set.  For Leonidas and his bold 300.

Throw in some dips and military presses with dumb bells and you're golden.

Love is all you need.
crow
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +146/-34

we all go a little mad sometimes

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 12:32:35 AM »

Another cheap way to do a chest press if you don't have a bench and weights is to use resistance bands. You can also do a chest fly or curls with them. I like to tie them to my barbells to give progressive resistance so I always have some lying around.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3ccNPK-P4U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/j3ccNPK-P4U</a>

One of the many benefits to working from home is that I can workout on my lunch break.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:46:27 AM by crow » Logged

“You can't say, I won't write today because that excuse will extend into several days, then several months, then... you are not a writer anymore, just someone who dreams about being a writer.”  - Dorothy C. Fontana
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 07:28:47 AM »

Been going 3 times a week to a gym "Speakeasy" at 4am.

Literally hiding from police to exercise.

Its my old man's workouts, so a lot of plyometrics and speed movements.  You don't get huge, but you gas out from multiple movements in a single set in succession.

Plus a murderous ab routine.

crow
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +146/-34

we all go a little mad sometimes

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »

Plyometric programs are very hard on your joints. There also really is no reason for fat guys to do any ab work. You cannot target a fat gut so you'd be much better off just doing squats and building up your biggest muscles so you can burn more fat while you sleep.

Here is an excellent, low impact, joint friendly way to do body weight squats. No equipment necessary.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZJfujovWcvU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZJfujovWcvU</a>

“You can't say, I won't write today because that excuse will extend into several days, then several months, then... you are not a writer anymore, just someone who dreams about being a writer.”  - Dorothy C. Fontana
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.