Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 09:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New 2 Fat Drunks ep!
118666 Posts in 21113 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  The Dead Pool
| | |-+  Kenny Rogers, 81
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kenny Rogers, 81  (Read 77 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

All you need is love.

« on: March 21, 2020, 11:21:13 AM »

Snake played "The Gambler" last night, and I told everyone that they made 4 movies out of that song.  Today, he's dead:

"Actor-singer Kenny Rogers, the smooth, Grammy-winning balladeer who spanned jazz, folk, country and pop with such hits as “Lucille,” “Lady” and “Islands in the Stream” and embraced his persona as “The Gambler” on record and on TV, died Friday night. He was 81.

He died at home in Sandy Springs, Georgia, representative Keith Hagan told The Associated Press. He was under hospice care and died of natural causes, Hagan said.

The Houston-born performer with the husky voice and silver beard sold tens of millions of records, won three Grammys and was the star of TV movies based on “The Gambler” and other songs, making him a superstar in the ’70s and ’80s. Rogers thrived for some 60 years before retired from touring in 2017 at age 79. Despite his crossover success, he always preferred to be thought of as a country singer.

“You either do what everyone else is doing and you do it better, or you do what no one else is doing and you don’t invite comparison,” Rogers told The Associated Press in 2015. “And I chose that way because I could never be better than Johnny Cash or Willie or Waylon at what they did. So I found something that I could do that didn’t invite comparison to them. And I think people thought it was my desire to change country music. But that was never my issue.”
--------------------------------------

Of course his proto-rock "Just dropped in to see what my condition was in" was used to great effect in THE BIG LEBOWSKI as well.

RIP gambler

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/03/21/kenny-rogers-actor-country-music-icon-dead-at-81/

Love is all you need.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-143

This is the end.... beautiful friend

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 11:53:34 AM »

So if I understand you correctly, Snake killed The Gambler?

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

All you need is love.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »

So if I understand you correctly, Snake killed The Gambler?

That is exactly what I'm saying.

Love is all you need.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.