Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2019, 11:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
VAMPIRELAND just went over 1 million views!  Check it out here: https://youtu.be/v-XQSYzR-rU
115856 Posts in 20644 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  Sports, Pro Wrestling, MMA (Moderator: Deafula)
| | |-+  The NBA's Communist China problem just went nuclear
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The NBA's Communist China problem just went nuclear  (Read 107 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

You must believe me....

« on: October 08, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »

IN THE seventy years since China adopted Communism as a form of government, at least 75 million people have been murdered by that same government.

The list of human rights abuses has gone on so long now, that it's assumed to be a constant unworthy of discussion, regardless of the growing protest movement in Hong Kong (where the most recent protester gunned down by Hong Kong police is a 14-year-old boy).

So perhaps the one excuse that the National Basketball Association has is that everyone else is doing it.  But for a pro sports league which has marketed itself as "the wokest" on the planet, it's a bad look when their partnership with the Communist government became public this week.

That happened when the Houston Rockets GM had the audacity to support the Hong Kong protesters via twitter.  The Chinese government - which ironically enough just banned SOUTH PARK due to a ep making fun of Chinese censorhsip - didn't take too kindly to the GM's tweets, and demanded that they be removed:

"Chinese state broadcaster CCTV announced it will "immediately halt" NBA preseason broadcasts ahead of a game slated to take place on Thursday in Shanghai between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Brooklyn Nets. Internet giant Tencent (TCEHY) is also snubbing the game. Tencent has been broadcasting NBA games online since 2015, and renewed its deal for a reported $1.5 billion in July."
------------------------------

Naturally, the NBA stood their ground and told the Chinese to go fuck themse---- this just in, the NBA did the exact opposite, and yesterday made the Rocket's remove the tweet and apologize for daring support freedom.  The NBA then issued it's own apology to the Chinese government.

Which shouldn't be a surprise since, "The NBA has also established a training camp in Xinjiang, western China – home to thousands of concentration camps where as many as 3 million people, mostly Muslim ethnic Uighurs, are subjected to torture, rape, slavery, organ harvesting, and forced sterilization."
-------------------------

Huh.  Well, just like the towns next to concentration camps in WWII, I'm sure the NBA simply failed to notice the stench and mounds of moldering bodies.  It's cool scro.

When nasty mean conservatives dare pointed out how insanely un-American their move was & how obviously driven by money the NBA is regardless of the human costs, the NBA attempted to back-track, apparently because American dollars still matter:

"Tuesday (today) NBA Commissioner Adam Silver took a somewhat stronger stand, stating, "The NBA will not put itself in a position of regulating what players, employees and team owners say or will not say on these issues," failing to note that that was exactly what the league had done a mere 24 hours before.

Obviously, the "optics are bad" as the saying goes and you can't help but to think that these giant corporations who claim to be woke, demanding that their customers be the same, are really just sham artists willing to do or say anything to make a buck, regardless of how much it damages our society or how much it supports murderous regimes....

Nah.

https://www.investors.com/news/nike-stock-slips-nba-china-free-speech-backlash-fears/

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2019/10/08/nba-china-challenge/

Far worse things then death await mankind.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »

And where is "the Woke Warrior" Steve Kerr, the famous NBA coach who's slammed Trump and supported all manner of woke causes on all this? 

If you guessed "nowhere" then you get a cookie:

"On Monday, Kerr was asked what he thought about the NBA’s groveling before the human rights-abusing communist country. Did Kerr have a comment? “Actually I don’t,” he surprisingly said.

“A lot of us don’t know what to make of it,” Kerr replied meekly.
---------------------

Well Coach, I have some ideas, starting with a half hour long swirly for you.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/10/08/woke-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-silent-nba-china-controversy/

Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

Spock's Cock, man!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »

Fuck them.

Their product is bullshit, players are garbage.

I know, deciding which satan-worshipping pedophile should have access to nuclear weaponry can get pretty wiry.  But worry not, this is why we have the ‘Marketplace of Ideas’; so we can work our asses off to articulately plead for the mercy of psychopaths who will ultimately get their way anyway.

- Soph
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »

Fuck them.

Their product is bullshit, players are garbage.

Hey speaking of bullshit leagues.....

"Blizzard Entertainment Bans Pro Gamer, Strips of Winnings for Supporting Hong Kong Protests

Blizzard is facing backlash from consumers angry that the company banned Hearthstone eSports champion Ng Wai “blitzchung” Chung, a native of Hong Kong, for making comments in favor of the pro-democracy protests in the city.

After expressing his support for the pro-democracy protests sweeping Hong Kong, Chung was banned by the multi-billion dollar entertainment company under a nebulous catch-all conduct policy that reads:

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

Chung spoke to the official Taiwanese Hearthstone organization wearing a gas mask in protest after his victory against South Korea’s Jang “DawN” Hyun Jae.

As soon as he was on camera, he proclaimed: “Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!” The camera was immediately cut, the casters attempted to distance themselves, and videos of the match itself have been removed. Blizzard also fired both casters for good measure.

In an official blog post, Blizzard said:

Grandmasters is the highest tier of Hearthstone Esports and we take tournament rule violations very seriously. After an investigation, we are taking the necessary actions to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future."
----------------------------------------------------

I never thought I'd actually hear chilling words from a video game company, but there it is.  What the fuck is going on with American corporations?

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/10/08/blizzard-entertainment-strips-pro-gamers-winnings-for-support-of-hong-kong-protests/

Plissken
All Knowing Mega One

Instant karma is real +79/-3

halála

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 01:08:22 PM »

But wouldn't a boycott be anti-blizzardic? Haven't the Blizzardish people had enough pain?

What the fuck is going on with American corporations?

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel it’s warmth.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Spock's Cock, man!

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 05:02:43 PM »

We have to decouple from this government.

China is a world-cancer.

I know, deciding which satan-worshipping pedophile should have access to nuclear weaponry can get pretty wiry.  But worry not, this is why we have the ‘Marketplace of Ideas’; so we can work our asses off to articulately plead for the mercy of psychopaths who will ultimately get their way anyway.

- Soph
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »

And the NBA managed - somehow - to step on their own dicks even worse:

"Couple Ejected from Sixers Game for Shouting ‘Free Hong Kong’

A couple attending a Philadelphia 76ers basketball game against the Chinese team Guangzhou Loong Lions were ejected from the stadium on Tuesday night after holding signs and shouting support for Hong Kong.

Sam Wachs and his wife attended the game at the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday evening, where they held signs that read “Free Hong Kong.” Security quickly confiscated their signs and asked them to leave the stadium, at which point they started yelling that same slogan.

“There’s no foul language, no politics.’ I asked ‘Why not?’ They said, ‘Don’t give me a hard time,'” Wachs told Action News. “I think it’s shameful, harsh reaction.”
--------------------------------------

Not exactly George Washington, are they?

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/10/09/couple-ejected-from-sixers-game-for-shouting-free-hong-kong/

Warpig
Master of disaster

Spock's Cock, man!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »

Fucking sickening.

By the way, did they take any public money to build that private stadium for that private basketball team? Yeah I smell a lawsuit.

- Soph
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »

Fucking sickening.

By the way, did they take any public money to build that private stadium for that private basketball team? Yeah I smell a lawsuit.

Boy howdy, that's a great point.  How about those tax breaks for you teams, or the fact that you've been exempted from the monopoly laws?

Time to put the John Vernon down.

Warpig
Master of disaster

Spock's Cock, man!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 07:52:16 AM »

- Soph
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »

Shockingly, our betters in the news business apparently think it's cool to censor Americans while corporations gal pal it up with murderous communists:

"Nets Ignore NBA Exacting Chinese Censorship on Americans Here at Home"

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/10/10/nets-ignore-nba-exacting-chinese-censorship-americans-here

Plissken
All Knowing Mega One

Instant karma is real +79/-3

halála

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 11:47:49 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mAFqjJDBplQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/mAFqjJDBplQ</a>

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel it’s warmth.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »

Today LeBron James had a take so mind numbingly stupid that, even in a time where there seems to be a race to say the most retarded thing in history, it sets the brain afire.

Thus LeBron has this to say about the Houston Rockets GM who had the temerity to support Hong Kong freedom fighters; irony, defined:

“I just think that, when you’re misinformed or you’re not educated about something … you never know the ramifications that can happen.

Sometimes you have to think through the things that you say that may cause harm not only for yourself but for the majority of people. I think that’s just a prime example of that.”

Maybe just maybe we ought not take what a guy who only graduated from high school because he could play basketball as gospel on world history.... as a rule.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/lebron-james-gets-china-completely-wrong/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:44:50 PM by jdv » Logged

Warpig
Master of disaster

Spock's Cock, man!

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 03:39:38 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DWaiT5fZHBs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/DWaiT5fZHBs</a>

- Soph
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

You must believe me....

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »

LeBron being blasted into space for his idiocy by those who love freedom and due process (how dare they!):

“The @NBA had a tough week?” Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) asked. “The million+ Uyghurs Communist China has in re-education camps had a tough week. The people of HK fighting for human rights & autonomy had a tough week.”

“You’re right, @KingJames,” the Florida lawmaker continued. “People need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others”

&

"Having just been in Hong Kong – on the streets & with the protestors – this kind of garbage is hard to take,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) responded.

“LeBron, are YOU educated on ‘the situation’? Why don’t you go to Hong Kong? Why don’t you meet the people there risking their lives for their most basic liberties.”

It's so bad that even a CNN commentator Steve Coates had this to say:

"I defended LeBron James on-air when President Trump attacked him. I thought it was a bad move by POTUS.

Given this incredibly cowardly statement, perhaps I was wrong?

Seems LeBron cares about two things: money…and himself"
-------------------------------

Yes Steve, you were wrong.

But hey, maybe LeBron can take a knee during the anthem to support the NBA and Nike Führer further helping a murderous regime.

What a cunt.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/10/15/fans-pols-erupt-after-lebron-james-caves-china/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:29:45 PM by jdv » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.