Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2020, 02:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New 2 Fat Drunks ep!
120649 Posts in 21462 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  Movie & DVD Reviews
| | |-+  GODZILLA : KING OF THE MONSTERS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GODZILLA : KING OF THE MONSTERS  (Read 964 times)
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-143

Crush

« on: May 31, 2019, 09:05:15 PM »

All I've ever asked for out of a Godzilla movie, is to see a well-put-together movie that shows me giant monsters destroying stuff.

Oh my God, were they listening here.

Godzilla king of the monsters delivers the Godzilla experience like no other film since the originals. In every way that every other Godzilla movie since the 90s has fucked up, this movie gets it right.

The acting is not only serviceable, it's actually very very good. I will watch Ken Watanabe read a phone book, and he has plenty to do in this movie. Everyone else in the film is great, it's very well cast.

The plot is actually pretty good, it does stuff like; tell a believable story, even though it's about giant monsters. 

And it's in the giant monster department that Godzilla king of the monsters shines through.  This blows out every other Godzilla movie of the last 20 years combined. I got to send a message to token Dave, cuz surely he has seen it and he has to love it.

If you love Godzilla movies like I do, go see this film, you will not be disappointed.

4 it's all about the roar out of 5

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »

I was wondering if the short turn around time for this movie would help; kinda like when a pitcher doesn't know he's starting and then throws a 2 hitter.

Sayonara  suckers!
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 09:47:13 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OrjmeGKoR1E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/OrjmeGKoR1E</a>

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  _ Revelations 13
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +248/-222

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 03:01:07 AM »

It only got greenlit a year or so ago.  Very short turnaround time.

Sayonara  suckers!
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +11350/-65

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Boom Operator Supreme

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »

Oh yes. This movie exceeded my expectations. From the very first shot, you actually, finally understand how huge these monsters are. And it doesn’t let you forget it. The human casualties from Rodan just flapping its wings is immense. It’s spectacular.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »

Yeah it really seemed to pay close attention to exactly how to make this kind of movie and then make it.

I didn't realize that the turnaround time for this movie was so short, kudos to legendary pictures.

Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »

It would have been 5 stars for me if Thomas Middleditch had died instead of a certain other main character. I fucking can't stand that dude.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »

It would have been 5 stars for me if Thomas Middleditch had died instead of a certain other main character. I fucking can't stand that dude.

yeah his whole shtick was okay for a little bit but now he's just kind of an insufferable douche.

Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »

Didn't hate Friday Night Lights as much as I thought I would.
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 03:35:30 PM »

Saw it again in real3D last night. The 3D conversion was the terrible kind, not the Marvel kind. Everything was too dark and didn't add to the experience. Still a fucking amazing movie.

MJR Theaters near me has a Tuesday Bargain Special. $5 for all shows except 3D which is $7.50. Check your local theaters for similar deals!
Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 04:09:57 PM »

I like MJR.

Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 09:21:15 PM »

Their app was life changing. No more worrying if there were any good seats available. Reserve your RECLINER, grab an overpriced beer and relax while you watch monster fights.
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »

Warpig
Master of disaster

Crush

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 08:26:28 PM »

That's a lot of Godzillas, man.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.