Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2019, 12:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We're now streaming movies 24/7 on our homepage!
www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
115281 Posts in 20523 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  Tech Talk
| | |-+  Netflix paid zero taxes in 2018
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netflix paid zero taxes in 2018  (Read 115 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

JON-A-THAN. JON-A-THAN. JON-A-THAN....

« on: February 07, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »

Oh?

"Netflix paid NOTHING in federal or state taxes in 2018 despite posting record profits of $845million - and even got a $22million rebate

Netflix didn't pay a cent in state or federal income taxes last year, despite posting its largest-ever U.S. profit in 2018 of $845million, according to a new report.

In addition, the streaming giant reported a $22 million federal tax rebate, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP).

Senior fellow at ITEP Matthew Gardner said corporations like Netflix, which has its headquarters in Los Gatos, California, are still 'exploiting loopholes' and called the figures 'troubling'."
----------------------------------------

Laws are for thee.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6678703/Netflix-didnt-pay-dime-state-federal-income-taxes-year-got-22m-REBATE.html

Netflix says they paid $131 million in taxes in 2018 and this is declared in financial documents. But Gardner says this figure relates to taxes paid abroad, according to a separate part of their statements.

He said: 'With a record number of subscribers, the company's profit last year equaled its haul in the previous four years put together.

'When hugely profitable corporations avoid tax, that means smaller businesses and working families must make up the difference.'

Gardner said the public is now 'getting its first hard look at how corporate tax law changes under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affected the tax-paying habits of corporations'."
--------------------------------

Once again you have to get US news from a UK source. 

The game was created to demonstrate the futility of individual effort.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

Beside myself with grief...

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »

I used to trust the media to tell me the truth.

That was the truth.

But now I see the payoffs everywhere I look.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

"Assassin.  Sounds so exotic.  I was just a murderer." _ Richard "Iceman" Kulkinski
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO TO THE EGE HOMEPAGE
GO TO THE OLD EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.