Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 07:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
EGE will be at the Continuum Convention October 5-7!
http://continuumcon.org/
110983 Posts in 19634 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Non-entertainment News
| |-+  Crime Beat (Moderator: crow)
| | |-+  500 Tapes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 500 Tapes  (Read 15 times)
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

It's time again....

« on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-find-500-videotapes-home-suspected-serial-rapist-n918176

Police find 500 videotapes in home of suspected serial rapist

Michigan police found nearly 500 videotapes in the home of a rape suspect and now have to modernize them in order to see if he is responsible for assaults going back decades, officials said.

Authorities found the tapes when they arrested Gilbert Conway in July on charges he raped six women between 2009 and 2018, authorities said. He's pleaded not guilty to 77 criminal counts, which include first-degree criminal sexual conduct and kidnapping.

Lawmakers in Genesee County, Michigan, on Monday signed off on spending $15,000 to $20,000 to help investigators convert Conway's Hi8 videotapes into a modern digital format.

Hi8 tapes were typically used in 1990s camcorders.

Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton said police could find “a whole lot more victims” of the 60-year-old Flint resident.

"We believe he videotapes the sex assaults while he commits them. Once we view them, we are going to try and identify additional victims," Leyton told WEYI-TV.

Flint police and FBI agents will examine the footage once it’s all been converted, officials said.

"We're going to try to reach out to those victims if we can identify them and we're going to try and take statements from them and see that they were victimized."

Conway's lawyer, Archie Hayman, said he has not yet seen anything on the videotapes.

"As far as I know, Mr. Conway appears to be have been a hard-working individual with years of employment and a loving family man," said Hayman.

Do I need a reason? Mr. Kupfer was right, you know... I do love a good joke and this is the best ever, a joke on the children. But there's a better reason... you don't really know much about Halloween...
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +11350/-65

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:55 AM »

The Weatherman?!?!!?
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

Save your servant.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »

Gee, I didn't know he moved to Flint.

Sure is hot weather we're having....

I have dreams... of a rose, and then of falling down a long flight of steps.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

It's time again....

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:29 AM »

The Weatherman?!?!!?

Right?!?!?

FIRST thing I thought....

Do I need a reason? Mr. Kupfer was right, you know... I do love a good joke and this is the best ever, a joke on the children. But there's a better reason... you don't really know much about Halloween...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.