Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Watch REANIMATED on youtube & help our indiegogo fundraising effort!

111647 Posts in 19770 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Entertainment News
| |-+  Sports, Pro Wrestling, MMA (Moderator: Deafula)
| | |-+  Lions 2018 picks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lions 2018 picks  (Read 412 times)
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

Merry Christmas

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »

I can't agree more, what a travesty.  But, what can you expect?  You already know what Stafford is and have known for years.

He's simply not the one.

....And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! ...God bless Us, Every One!”
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

I'm Captain Wild Bill Kelso....

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »

...And don't you forget it.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Merry Christmas

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »

Words harder than steel...

....And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! ...God bless Us, Every One!”
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »

Well as predicted, the Lions got their heads kicked in by a very in-interested LA Rams team that, even though they were going through the motions, managed to blow them out.  The Ram are, BTW, the same team that lost 12 games 2 seasons ago.  Of course, they drafted Aaron Donald when the Lions picked Ebron.

The Lion's defense actually managed to hang in there - although again, the Rams seemed more interested in flying out then playing a good game - but eventually got tired after Stafford turned the ball over twice late in the game.  He has four fourth-quarter giveaways in the Lions' past two losses, and eight on the season.

Speaking of Stafford, he was horrible.  The offense was about as bad as the NFL can get, with unimaginative play calling, a QB who holds the ball too long and looks shell-shocked, and ultimately, could only go 1-5 in the red zone.   Stafford seems completely unable to change into a play that works, to free-lance, or to do anything to actually earn that massive - now obviously insane - contact.  He’s thrown 11 interceptions in 12 games and looks worse then that.  

What's really scary is that this is the first year of his massive new contract.

BOTTOM LINE - this team, featuring huge amounts of time and money spent on the offensive side of the ball, managed to score all of 1 touchdown yesterday.  One.

Not to be outdone in poor performance, head coach Matt Patricia went for an on-side kick with 3 and half minutes to go, with all 3 timeouts, the 2 minute warning, and a defense playing well.  What a cluster fuck call.  BTW, the 2018 NFL season has produced all of 4 successful on-side kicks this year.  Great call Matt!  Hey, why don't you tell the press it's a "blessing" to have Stafford by your QB.

Simply put, the wheels are totally off.  Four of their past five losses have been by double digits, and of course this is the team that got blasted in the opener by the Jets.  As predicted, this season is a disaster.  Bad coaching, bad talent, bad contracts - the worst of everything.

Way back in August before the season started, I predicted 4 wins.  That was based on 2 things - I knew Stafford was a bum, and they looked like shit as a team in the pre-season.  Nothing's changed since then... other then they somehow look worse.

The Lions are actually favored next Sunday in Arizona, but I have 'em losing.  And the Cardinals have even fewer wins (3) then the Lions.  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:11:58 PM by jdv » Logged

Warpig
Master of disaster

Merry Christmas

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »

What I see in my mind, since I didn't watch the game.

Stafford: "WHERES APONE?!? WHERES APONE?!?!?"

Warpig
Master of disaster

Merry Christmas

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 03:22:52 PM »

Patricia: "Tell them to fall back, tell them to fall back!"

Lions Fans : "THEYRE CUT OFF! DO SOMETHING!!"

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »

Someone needs to get Quinn rolling that APC into the hive now... while there's time.

Otherwise, only one option....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.