Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2019, 04:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
5 MUST DIE now available on Amazon Prime!
https://amzn.to/2UjIx9T

Check out our latest short movie, THE CLOSET:
https://youtu.be/WBetOrfUhl0

VAMPIRELAND just went over 1 million views!  Check it out here: https://youtu.be/v-XQSYzR-rU
114176 Posts in 20275 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+ Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+ Entertainment News
| |-+ Sports, Pro Wrestling, MMA (Moderator: Deafula)
| | |-+ Lions 2018 picks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lions 2018 picks  (Read 1008 times)
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

If you ignore a problem it goes away, right?

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »

I can't agree more, what a travesty.  But, what can you expect?  You already know what Stafford is and have known for years.

He's simply not the one.

Strawberry Fields Forever!
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

Do you know the sound of thunder?

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »

Listen to the thunder.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »

Words harder than steel...

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »

Well as predicted, the Lions got their heads kicked in by a very in-interested LA Rams team that, even though they were going through the motions, managed to blow them out.  The Ram are, BTW, the same team that lost 12 games 2 seasons ago.  Of course, they drafted Aaron Donald when the Lions picked Ebron.

The Lion's defense actually managed to hang in there - although again, the Rams seemed more interested in flying out then playing a good game - but eventually got tired after Stafford turned the ball over twice late in the game.  He has four fourth-quarter giveaways in the Lions' past two losses, and eight on the season.

Speaking of Stafford, he was horrible.  The offense was about as bad as the NFL can get, with unimaginative play calling, a QB who holds the ball too long and looks shell-shocked, and ultimately, could only go 1-5 in the red zone.   Stafford seems completely unable to change into a play that works, to free-lance, or to do anything to actually earn that massive - now obviously insane - contact.  Hes thrown 11 interceptions in 12 games and looks worse then that.  

What's really scary is that this is the first year of his massive new contract.

BOTTOM LINE - this team, featuring huge amounts of time and money spent on the offensive side of the ball, managed to score all of 1 touchdown yesterday.  One.

Not to be outdone in poor performance, head coach Matt Patricia went for an on-side kick with 3 and half minutes to go, with all 3 timeouts, the 2 minute warning, and a defense playing well.  What a cluster fuck call.  BTW, the 2018 NFL season has produced all of 4 successful on-side kicks this year.  Great call Matt!  Hey, why don't you tell the press it's a "blessing" to have Stafford by your QB.

Simply put, the wheels are totally off.  Four of their past five losses have been by double digits, and of course this is the team that got blasted in the opener by the Jets.  As predicted, this season is a disaster.  Bad coaching, bad talent, bad contracts - the worst of everything.

Way back in August before the season started, I predicted 4 wins.  That was based on 2 things - I knew Stafford was a bum, and they looked like shit as a team in the pre-season.  Nothing's changed since then... other then they somehow look worse.

The Lions are actually favored next Sunday in Arizona, but I have 'em losing.  And the Cardinals have even fewer wins (3) then the Lions.  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:11:58 PM by jdv » Logged

Listen to the thunder.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »

What I see in my mind, since I didn't watch the game.

Stafford: "WHERES APONE?!? WHERES APONE?!?!?"

Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 03:22:52 PM »

Patricia: "Tell them to fall back, tell them to fall back!"

Lions Fans : "THEYRE CUT OFF! DO SOMETHING!!"

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »

Someone needs to get Quinn rolling that APC into the hive now... while there's time.

Otherwise, only one option....

Listen to the thunder.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »

When does a win feel like a loss? 

Well, it happens when you'd be better served by losing to improve your draft status.  It happens when your star defensive end goes down with a possibly career ending injury.  It happens when your expensive offensive tackle free agent goes out with (another) concussion.  It happens when your $250 million quarterback passes for a whopping 101 yards despite playing a horrible defense.

Sadly all those happened to Lions fans yesterday as Stafford was again horrible, Ziggy "Mr. Glass" Anzah again was hurt and likely played in his last game as a Lion (maybe ever, Rick Wagner left with a brain injury, and by winning hurt their chances to be any better next year.

So typical Lions. 

Stafford, who was listed as hurt, was simply awful - the same over-throws, under throws, and bad reads.  101 total yards, the lowest in his career.  Against a bad bad offense.  Now that the world seems to finally be aware that this dude can't play, his failures against the 2nd worst team in the league were made even more apparent.  Defensive back Darius Slay had more touchdown then Stafford did.  Stafford needs to be shut down for the season for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is that hurt he's worth nothing in a trade.  He's awful, but you have to hope.

The only real bright spot is that Zach Zenner decided to win the game by himself (which he did), and that the defense managed to dominate an awful offense, which wouldn't happen if they had quit.  Snacks Harrison clearly a good player, someone they can build the interior d line around.  Jarrad Davis had his best game as a pro... but again, Arizona is just awful.  But maybe it means he's finally wrapping his head around Patricia's defense.

But as long as the offense is as bad as it is, this team is going nowhere.  Jim Bob should be gone 5 minutes after the last game.  Stafford will either play... or fuck him.  He can hardly play worse.

Next week the Lions will likely win again the hapless Buffalo Bills, no doubt getting someone else creamed in the process.  These meaningless wins which produce nothing but injury are perhaps the best encapsulation of what the Lions are - a clown show pretending to be something important.

Listen to the thunder.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nkM0m-fB2Uw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/nkM0m-fB2Uw</a>

Play this song while you read this, because this is what goes through my mind when I read about the Lions.

See, I didn't watch the Bills game on Sunday, because A) I was hoping they would lose (they did) and B) wanting a team to lose and then watching them is a kind of existential feedback loop that is best avoided.

With that said, and with 2 now mathematically meaningless games left against the Vikings and the Pack, we can fortunately say good bye to another pathetic season as we look wistfully towards our Ford Family Fall Fuckups to take the field again in 2019.

Of course, there's first the matter of fucking up the 2019 draft, which I'm sure the Lions will fuck up twice: first by idiotically winning one of the two remaining games, thus murdering their draft position, then secondly they'll select Darko Militic in the first round, because why not?

So...bright spots in 2018?

"Snacks" was pretty good.

So, now to the criticisms, which I'll keep mercifully short:

1. Matt Stafford has to go.  Seriously, he should be ashamed of taking advantage of the elderly by scamming the matriarch of the Ford family like that.  She's clearly suffering from dementia and he's cashing in.  What a Snidley Whiplash-type villain he is.  He has somehow convinced Martha that he's an elite quarterback by wearing a Brett Favre mask and showing up in Wrangler jeans.  Certainly he couldn't convince her by way of his play?  This man is literally stealing money that should go to homeless shelters or starving children.

2. Matt Patricia has to go.  Why do the Lions do this?  Why do they go out and find retreads or first-year fuck-knuckles to act like coaching the Lions is no different than coaching any other team?  Here's the thing: He's probably not a BAD coach.  I say that knowing full well the absolute fuckery that was the Lions playcalling and game management this year.  Look, sure you, me, and any Madden 2018 kid can run the team better, but we're not there.   I somehow get the feeling that something happens just by becoming a Lions coach.  I mean come on, how else can you explain it?  They can't ALL be idiots, right?  However, I am still calling for him to go, not for the sake of the Lions, but for his own sake.  You never know, he might be a great coach, you'll just never find that out here.

3.  The Lions will never win as long as the Fords own them.  That's the stark truth of it.  The Lions are bad owners.  They do not know how to run a football team, nor will they ever know how to run a football team.  There are owners who do, and owners who do not.  It's as simple as that.  Jerry Jones knows how, Bob Kraft knows how.  Martha Ford nor any other Ford, does not.  For Chrissakes, they let Matt Millen run this team.  Case Closed.

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »

First the game recap - the Lions lost to a horrible Bills team in total re-building mode (lead by rookie QB Josh Allen).  That's right, Matt Stafford got beat - again - by a rookie.

True, Prater missed a FG and the snap was bad on an extra point, but this offense should be scoring more then 2 touchdowns... except that the Bills defense is actually still decent.  And we know what decent (or better)defenses do to Stafford.  If Golladay didn't bail him out on some rough passes, Stafford might still be looking for the endzone.  

Simply put, a rookie QB for the other team made the bigger plays at more important times against a (slightly) better defense, and that's not supposed to be the way it was.  In the end, a disgraceful loss to a bad team.

Coaching?  Well, the defense has gotten a smidge better under Patricia as the players - primarily linebacker Jarrad Davis - have learned the system, but the fact is this - with so many resources going to a (bad) offense, the defense gets the scraps.  Davis still a bust, while the franchise tagged Ziggy is now done as a Lion.  None of the Patricia's fault.

And does anyone think that Jim Bob Cooter was Patricia's guy?  That he had a choice?  Nope, that's on Quinn and Stafford.  Jim Bob long ago proved he did not have enough answers as an OC, yet he's still somehow here.  Not completely fair to Patricia, who for sure has a long way to go.   Still, when a head coach is not allowed to hire his own OC, was he really ever the head coach?  In other words, I'm forced to give Patricia an incomplete grade.

And to be clear, he ain't going anywhere next year.

1. Matt Stafford has to go.  Seriously, he should be ashamed of taking advantage of the elderly by scamming the matriarch of the Ford family like that.

Yet every sports writer/personality in this town thought the Lions had to sign him, including Valenti.  I may well have been the only person to publicly shit on that idea, as I knew his record was not a lie.  For one, Stafford would have still been under contract through this year under his original deal - and boy howdy would that have changed his bargaining power.  As it is, the Lions are stuck with an awful, terrible, contract.

Matt Stafford is the biggest bust in pro sports.  A quarter billion dollars on his contract alone, much less the millions and high draft picks trying to help him.  Yet for all those resources, he has no division titles, no playoff wins, no Super Bowl titles.  He simply can not beat the better defenses, and he crumbles when the lights get bright.

Which is why I said they'd win 4 games, maybe six, a prediction many poo-pooed when I made it back in August.  I also said this year would be a disaster, and that too has come to pass.  Is it fixable?  Sadly, the Stafford debacle means no, not while he's here, and not while he has that contract.  Quinn tied himself early on to Stafford, even going so far as to keep Cooter.  That decision has meant that he has essentially folded his hand before getting his first card.

The only way to save the day is to trade Stafford for anyone dumb enough to take him.  He seems like a nice man, and he's tough as nails, but that's not enough.  And the professionals running the team ought to realize that by now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:27:39 PM by jdv » Logged

Listen to the thunder.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »

Lions putting a bunch of players on IR (done for the season), including RB Keryon Johnson and DT Deshawn Hand, both good young players.

Which means that perhaps there has been a glimmer of professional reasoning at Lions HQ.

Listen to the thunder.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »

jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »

In the last home game of the season, the Lions managed to shit the bed again against division foes Minnesota, scoring zero touchdowns and allowing a hail Mary touchdown to end the first half.  So, a pathetic showing, one that proves this organization is going nowhere.  

Of course, the major reason for this is Matt Stafford, a player who this week was animated not by his past complete failure to win playoff games or division championships (never mind Superbowls), but by his consecutive games played streak.  

Vallenti and others rightfully ripped him for being passionate about a meaningless personal stat, while week after week he stammers away about how they'll do better next week.  Zero zeal for actually taking his team to task for losing week after week.

Meanwhile, the Chicago Bears with a rookie head coach and a 2nd year QB won the division and may even get a bye.  Pretty much sums up the Lions and how they do business.

It's now up to Quinn to deal with the worst contract in pro sports - a deal he made - but you have big names sports columnists talking about simply cutting Stafford and eating a $40 million cap hit.  That's how gallactically bad Stafford is right now.  But hey, his game streak is still alive.

With one week left, the Lions would be drafting 5th right now.  They play at Lambeau Field against a fired up Aaron Rodgers next Sunday, meaning the Lions will finish 5-11.  When I predicted a mere 4 wins way back in August, people laughed at me, claiming there was no way this team could be that bad.

I was proven right about the season, "A total disaster" was my description while I also called Stafford the biggest bust of all time.  Both inarguable at this point, but now we'll see if I was right about this:

"The pain is over for fans, and hopefully for Bob Quinn who's horrific drafting only second to Matt Millen's shit-fest.  Entirely possible Quinn and Patricia both blown out before the year is even finished, so yet another reboot coming down the line."

Sadly, Quinn is going nowhere, nor is Patricia or even Stafford.  Quinn missed on the biggest contract of his career, and he missed badly.  Which means Lions fans have at least another 2 years, maybe 3 years, before this QB and front office is blown out the door and we start it all over again.

Such is life for a Detroit Lions fan.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:11:55 PM by jdv » Logged

Listen to the thunder.
Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »

Ours is a cruel religion, nothing but pain and sacrifice, and more pain.

We are not promised a great reward, nor do we expect one. Our motto is "Observation is service. Pain is expected.  Sacrifice all."

Brethren....

Warpig
Master of disaster

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »

...and to cap off a rollicking season of perfect stupid, the L's foolishly an d pointlessly defeat the Packers and instantly fall in the draft.

Well done, retards.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.