Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2018, 07:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
EGE needs zombies!  Join us October 20th for the biggest collection of zombies in Michigan's history!  PM JDV for details.
110605 Posts in 19544 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+ Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+ Entertainment News
| |-+ Movie & DVD Reviews
| | |-+ ANT-MAN AND THE WASP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP  (Read 99 times)
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +11350/-65

\_(ツ)_/

« on: July 09, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »

As many of you know, I was a HUGE fan of the first Ant-Man film. It came as a surprise to myself as well, as it offered a different kind of film. A superhero film with the elements of a heist movie. The world wasn't in immediate danger and there wasn't a giant blue laser shooting into the sky. It was funny, smart and refreshing. Marvel obviously thought so as well, as they started to incorporate comedy into more and more of their films, most notably Thor: Ragnarok.

Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) is back as Ant-Man, although not officially at the start as they follow up on the events of Captain America: Civil War. Yo might recall that he was captured after the airport battle and place in the maximum security facility known as "The Raft.' At the end of that film, Steve Rogers busts in to rescue everyone, but Scott opts to stay behind as he has his daughter to think of. Due to an agreement between the German government and the Department of Homeland Security, he has been returned to American soil but is on house arrest under FBI jurisdiction for two years under the strict order that he not have any contact with and of the rogue Avengers or Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), who created the Ant-Man suit. Hank and his daughter Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lily) are also on the run from the government thanks to Scott who, it turns out, stole the Ant-Man suit from them to help Cap and friends in Civil War. While on house arrest, he has a vision of when he was shrunk down in the Quantum Realm and sees a clue to the fate of Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer) and calls Hank and Hope. A new villain who can phase through matter appears on the scene intent on stealing Hank Pym's latest research and more.

I don't want to give away too much more. Hopefully that was enough to interest everyone. I saw it in both 3D and 2D and loved it on both viewings. It answers several questions posed in Avengers: Infinity War, mainly where Ant-Man was while those events were happening. I initially saw it in 3D as I knew that the Quantum Realm effects would be dope-tastic and I was not disappointed.

If you enjoyed the first Ant-Man and Infinity War, I'm confident you will love this.

4 'Luis retellings' out of 5

Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

Sorry, but I only listen to 'Progressive' Rock.

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »

Saw this yesterday.

Can Marvel make any mistakes?

Their formula works dude, plain and simple.

Casting in these is EVERYTHING and they nail the piss out of it every time.

Every person cast is spot on and contributes.

Nice to see Michelle Pfeiffer, very classy.

GREAT EPILOGUE, holy shit.

Yeah, probably wouldn't hurt to watch this flick 'enhanced'.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

The OC.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

Is it set before AVENGERS 3?  Kinda has to be, don't it?

Alta, about a million years from now the human race will have crawled up to where the Krell stood in their great moment of triumph and tragedy. And your father's name will shine again like a beacon in the galaxy. It's true, it will remind us that we are, after all, not God.
Warpig
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +272/-142

Sorry, but I only listen to 'Progressive' Rock.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »

Is it set before AVENGERS 3?  Kinda has to be, don't it?

Yeah, from a time-line perspective, it runs parallel with Infinity War.
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +11350/-65

\_(ツ)_/

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:23:59 PM »

It happens during it. One of the big questions people had was where are the other Avengers? Ant-Man, Hawkeye, etc.

The post credit scene connects with Infinity War.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

The OC.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 01:48:39 PM »

Smart (as usual).

Alta, about a million years from now the human race will have crawled up to where the Krell stood in their great moment of triumph and tragedy. And your father's name will shine again like a beacon in the galaxy. It's true, it will remind us that we are, after all, not God.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.