Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 11:06:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
109625 Posts in 19355 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  EGE Stuff - What we're doing right now
| |-+  REANIMATED - news & updates
| | |-+  Another day, another good shoot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another day, another good shoot  (Read 48 times)
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

Like a finger pointing to the moon...

« on: May 21, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »

IT'S BEEN a crazy 48 hours.  Friday EGE got it's new work horse camera + news lenses, which was then immediately battle tested yesterday as we had to shoot a fairly complicated chase sequence in the local park at night with a lot of extras/zombies.  Throw in some lookers-on plus the police, a bunch of all new gear, the constant threat of thunder storms/rain, and it all meant an exciting shoot.

And did I mention we were using a brand new camera I had never used before this weekend?  With one battery?  At night?

Actually the BOB came through in the 9th again by somehow having a spare battery for the GH5, which we needed as the other battery died right as the sun went down.   The spare finished charging literally as the first one died.   Just one of the many things that could have gone wrong but didn't.  Camera/lens worked flawlessly (more on that in another article), as did the crane, mono pod, led lights - none of which had been used on a shoot before. 

Make up (by Warpig's daughter) fantastic, as were the extras who really busted their asses and were all very cool.  Very mellow, fun, set to be on even though we were going very fast.

So yet another great shoot.  We have two more days of shooting on this particular ep (dialogue inside, zombies eating victim outside), and then onto The King's comic store for a shoot there.  Great job by everyone and thanks for everyone who showed up!

...Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
The B.O.B.
Grand Poohbah

Instant karma is real +82/-21

Fucking yeah...!

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »

Fantastic. Glad to hear everything went well.

When I kill, it's for Queen and country.  Though I admit, killing you would be a pleasure.
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

Like a finger pointing to the moon...

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »

Yeah, down loaded the footage and plopped it into Vegas - works no problem (other than I need a faster computer to run native 4k footage).  But the built-in proxy Vegas has does a good job so it's doable.

I slapped some 2:34 to 1 bars on, did a very fast grade, and rendered it out to 1080p (which is what I expect to do for youtube - they gotta pay for 4K), and it looked very good.

Found out a "secret" of the GH5 - it can shoot true 24p (not just 23.97) which should make the next batch of fotage even more cinematic.

...Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.