Evil Genius Message Board <br>http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 11:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FUCK NEW YEARS!
108419 Posts in 19117 Topics by 9889 Members
Latest Member: Jeremy

* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  Evil Genius Message Board
http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com

|-+  Welcome to the Evil Genius Entertainment forum
| |-+  For Newbies to the EGE Forum
| | |-+  Photobucket Fuckery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photobucket Fuckery  (Read 129 times)
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +1135/-65

Hail Satan.

« on: July 05, 2017, 12:30:42 AM »

Hey guys and gals!

Greetings from Nepal! As some may have noticed from my previous profile pic, Photobucket, the free image hosted my service I've been using for years, has decided to hold its users pictures ransom if you want to link them to third party sites such as EGE. Essentially removing ANY incentive to use their service at all.

Yes! For the low, low price of $399 a year, you can link pictures. So yeah, expect lots of broken links in older threads. I'm also looking for other options to link images, but might just link directly from my Dropbox in the future.

This move makes it pretty clear that Photobucket is going the way of the dodo and will be dead soon.

I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon, madam.
Plissken
All Knowing Mega One

Instant karma is real +78/-3

Lights out.

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:35:47 AM »

imgur.com seems to work still.

Truth is not what you want it to be, it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie. –Miyamoto Musashi
The B.O.B.
Grand Poohbah

Instant karma is real +81/-21

Fucking yeah...!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:54 AM »

Thx for the tip.

When I kill, it's for Queen and country.  Though I admit, killing you would be a pleasure.
crow
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +141/-34

Pity?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 01:35:54 PM »

Wow, what a-holes. Most of the sellers on Ebay used that service. Not anymore! Why would anyone eat into their profits for this site when there are at least a dozen others with the same service? It does seem like a Hail Mary to save their company. Must be Instagram taking all of their market share. You could always use Google photos. It's highly unlikely they will ever go out of business. Flickr is still around but owned by Yahoo!(TM) now. Ick. 

"It was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

I know I'm human.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »

Could you re-send me those drop bucket links - we're having a helluva time with getting the poster made....

And fuck photobucket right in the ear.

Yes, Garry, they dig it up, they cart it back, it gets thawed out, wakes up - probably not the best of moods...
crow
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +141/-34

Pity?

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »

You can still hack your way to the images. If you right click on the placeholder and use inspect element, and follow the link, it will open the image on Photobucket's website.

If you go here...

http://www.crowboy.com/evilgenius/forum/index.php?topic=27613.msg153330#msg153330

Click on the broken image, goto "Inspect" and copy the Photobucket link. It will take you here:

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss302/FZkilla/5_MUST_DIE08_zpslai06pen.jpg

"It was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
jdv
Admin
Master of disaster

Instant karma is real +247/-222

I know I'm human.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 03:58:37 PM »

Yeah, that pic has the same problem - only 72 dpi, not near enough rez for a large poster  Sad

Yes, Garry, they dig it up, they cart it back, it gets thawed out, wakes up - probably not the best of moods...
anpjap

Instant karma is real +2/-0

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »

For the poster, (27"x40") we need it to be at least 300dpi. I'm talking a file @10- 15mb. If we can't locate this file-- the completed poster at least 10mb-- then we need a file of just the Geist that's at least 10mb so we can have the poster re-done. Thank you!
Gunslinger
Bad Movie Muad'Dib
Admin
Swami

Instant karma is real +1135/-65

Hail Satan.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »

If you didn't grab the images when I sent them, you may be out of luck as the originals are on an external drive in my studio at home, and thats currently 7,500 miles away right now.

I was able to download this off of Photobucket and put it on my Dropbox. Hopefully it will fit the bill.  Wink

Namaste, bitches.

Hmm... looks like Photobucket did reduce it to 72 dpi without ever telling me. I'd suggest making mini-posters. You could print a bunch and give them away at the show?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srpb2jn3k6trjk5/5_MUST_DIE10.JPG?dl=0

I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon, madam.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

GO HOME

GO TO THE ORIGINAL EGE SITE

The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent those of Evil Genius Entertainment, Crowboy Digital, or Crowboy.com.